Unity Council Crest
The Flame – The flame is made up of the five leadership competencies on the Unity Student Leaders Development Framework “Visionary Leadership, Organisation Ability, Working in teams, Communication Skills and Developing Others”. It represents the burning desire of the Unity Councillors to serve the student body to the best of their abilities. The flame also depicts the students’ valiant efforts to dispel darkness and negativity in school by taking proactive steps to create and sustain a positive and conducive learning environment for all. Finally, the undying flame symbolises the will and perseverance that all Unity Councillors embody as they inspire others through their exemplary actions.
The Torch - The torch carries the flame which brings forth light guiding others along the way. As standard bearers in Unity Secondary School, Unity Councillors have the responsibility and the privilege to pave the way for their peers, motivated by a strong sense of duty and purpose.
The Eagle - At the core of every Unity Councillor is their identity as a Unitian. The Eagle embodies the school’s core values and beliefs of Leading Self, Serving Others, Actualising Self & Inspiring Others. Councillors are expected to live by these values in Unity Secondary School and beyond.
UNITY COUNCIL VISION, MISSION & MOTTO
Responsibilities of a Unity Councillor
- Uphold Unity Council’s discipline and pride by adhering to the school rules and values. The entails having good conduct, having pride in upholding the image of Unity Council and having the integrity in carrying out duties to the best of his or her abilities. (Lead Self)
- Show compassion towards others. (Serve Others)
- Commit to completing tasks properly and preserve when overcoming challenges. (Actualise Self)
- Spur other Unity Councillors and Unitians on to achieve. (Inspire Others)
- Serve as a role model for fellow Unitians.
- Foster school pride and school spirit in themselves as well as among his or her peers.
- Be involved in internal duties ensuring that daily school events run smoothly.
- Be involved in the school’s core or supporting events
Unity Councillor Pledge
6TH UNITY COUNCIL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE STRUCTURE
The following Secondary 2 Unity Councilors have also been selected as deputy heads for the respective committees:
Communication and Outreach Committee
Student Development Committee
Student Welfare Committee
EVELYN PECK WEI LING (2E1)
JUSTIN KOH YAN YU (2E1)
CALISTA WONG (2E1)
VIDYA VAISHNAVI SUPPIAH (2E2)
JOANN CHEW HONG TING (2E3)
MACASIEB MARTIN IAN ESPANOL (2E1)
FIONA TAN LI YING (2N2)
LIM XIN YING, NICOLE (2E4)
SHARAFINAZ BTE SHAWAL (2E2)
UNITY COUNCIL CALENDER OF EVENTS
|1||Secondary 1 Orientation||T1W1|
|2||Class Council Training||T1W7|
|3||Unity Councillors Appointment & Appreciation Ceremony||T1W10|
|4||Unity Council Executive Committee Planning Camp||March Holidays|
|5||UC Interns Recruitment||T2W3|
|6||Secondary 2 Environment Learning Journey||T2W10|
|7||Unity Council Interns Leadership Camp||June Holidays|
|9||Secondary 2 Environment Learning Journey||T4W6|
|10||UC Leadership Camp||November Holiday|
|1||Secondary 1 Parents’ Briefing||T1W1|
|2||Secondary 1 School Badge Presentation Ceremony||T1W1|
|3||Unity Annual Cross-Country||T1W10|
|5||Secondary 2 Parents’ Briefing||T2W3|
|6||Secondary 4 & 5 Parents’ Briefing||T2W7|
|7||Secondary 3 Parents’ Briefing||T3W2|
|10||‘N’ Level Results Release||November|
|11||Secondary 1 Registration||December|
|12||‘O’ Level Results Release||January|