Education and Career Guidance is a developmental process that facilitates the acquisition of attitudes, skills and knowledge to help students better understand themselves, explore viable education and career options, make informed decisions and develop plans to achieve their career aspirations.
A comprehensive ECG programme can have a positive impact on students’ educational and career decisions and their academic performance.
Our goal is to enable students to synthesise information gathered from relevant resources to make sound educational and career decisions. This is done through programmes to raise
- awareness on interests, abilities and career aspirations
- awareness on how to relate self to others and work
- Talks and sharing by Polytechnic and Junior College lecturers
- Career Fair
- Focused group discussion on selection of courses with lecturers from post-secondary educational institutions
- Learning journeys to post-secondary educational institutions
- E-Career Portal (ecareers.sg)
ecareers.sg is a web-portal designed to facilitate education and career development among students in Singapore. Some key features of the portal include career assessment tools, which allow students to discover more about their career profile, and a database of information on various occupations and educational institutions (local and overseas), which allows students to make informed education and career choices.
Access to this portal is available for Primary 5 and 6 students, all Secondary and Pre-University students and for an additional 6 months after students have graduated from the education system.